Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Motorama 2012 Wrap-up

Quick update for now, video will appear at http://www.youtube.com/user/mikencr.

Motor City Massacre: 1-2, still working but probably getting a complete redesign/rebuild. Julie wants something more destructive, so this robot is likely to be retired.

Kobalos: 6-2, placed second. Looking pretty rough but still running. I'm also intending to build a new 1lb robot.

Moros: 0-2, two self induced knockouts. Was still working, then I did a demo with a printer and managed to eject my motor controllers. Gearbox seems a bit stiff too, so I'll be doing a bit of a teardown and some rewiring.

Nyx: 2-2, performed pretty well. One loss was due to the drive motor wires unsoldering themselves, the other was my opponent balancing me on the wall. Overall, it did great and will be getting a few upgrades before Dragon*Con

Apollyon: 4-0, 12lb champion. It worked perfectly all weekend.

I also snagged the "Best Driver" award.

No comments:

Post a Comment